The kitchen always has and always will be the “heart” of the home. This is the place where family and friends gather, and it is usually the first room to get remodeled when looking to increase the value of your home before selling or just wanting to modernize the home. As an added bonus, kitchen updates boast the highest return on investment of the entire house. If you are planning a kitchen renovation, our best piece of advice is to be smart about the features you upgrade. You will get the biggest bang for your buck by making replacements that play up the best features of your kitchen. Here are a few design tips to take into consideration:
- Paying for a bit of expert advice at the start of a project can take the stress out of the process and save you money in the long run. Even if you already have a good idea of what you want, a professional kitchen designer can help fine-tune your plan and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- When considering the layout, moving around easily in your kitchen is a top priority. Create a classic work triangle with short paths between your refrigerator, stovetop, and sink. Position traffic paths to go around this work triangle, not through it. Provide adequate aisle space between counters and be aware of conflicting door swings from appliances, cabinets, or the pantry.
- If you are changing the layout, let’s not forget to talk about all the benefits of a large kitchen island. An island can not only provide additional counter space for prep work, it can also serve as a buffet. If you include seating at your island, it will make a great place to chat with your family or visitors while you are preparing a meal.
- Add in features that will simplify your daily routine – a self-cleaning oven, at least 36 inches of uninterrupted counter space for prep work, a microwave the kids can easily reach, an easy-to-clean cooktop, sturdy cabinetry with ample space for household staples, and cubbies fitted with bins to corral the clutter.
- Of course, there is no such thing as too much storage in the kitchen. Any little nook and cranny that you can add or make better use of your kitchen storage space is going to put a smile on your face.
- One of the most important features to consider in any renovation is the lighting. Bright and airy is the look you are trying to achieve in the kitchen and a well-planned lighting scheme is all it takes. You want to have adequate lighting to be able to complete all your kitchen tasks and show off those new countertops!
If you need space to store items during your kitchen renovation, give Zippy Shell a call! Our storage containers are a popular option during remodeling because they provide you with the ability to completely clear items out of your home while also maintaining the flexibility of having those items on hand when you need them. You can feel confident knowing that your furniture, appliances, and personal belongings are safe and within easy reach during the chaos of remodeling. Learn more about our storage solutions at www.zippyshell.com!
Install a medicine cabinet
Find a medicine cabinet that matches the shape of your mirror to hang it right behind your mirror with a few screws. If you cannot find one that has a similar shape, hang any medicine cabinet above your toilet or next to your bathroom mirror. This storage hack can easily be done in less than an hour.
Paint or paper a wall
Paint a whole room a new color or spruce up a room by adding wallpaper to one wall in a room. This works great for a bathroom to accent around your sink and mirror.
Replace your showerhead
Buy a low flow showerhead or a showerhead that allows you to adjust the water pressure. This will allow you to save money on your water bill and help the environment.
Weather seal your doors and windows
Insert foam weather stripping on the bottoms of your doors or on the panels of your windows. This will keep your house sealed from cold fall air coming through. This will also prevent you from wasting money on having to crank your heat up to keep your house warm.
Spice up your trim
Repaint your wall or door trim to give it a refreshed look. Add a pop of color by painting a new color over it that balances well with the room. This can also be applied well to your fireplace trim to give it a more modern look.
Patch up holes in your wall
You may have had a few holes in your walls that have been meaning to get fixed for a while now. Take a minimal amount of time out of your weekend to put some spackle over old holes to clean up the room.
A customer in the Piedmont Triad area recently needed storage space while renovating their home. Zippy Shell delivered two onsite storage units to the customer’s home. The shells were loaded and put into a tight space in the customer’s backyard for the ease of unloading. The customer unloaded the items and put them back into their respecting rooms once the renovation in that room was complete. Then they would load the shell up with the other items from the next room while the renovation progressed. At one point, even a full-size stand up piano was loaded into the shell, stored, then unloaded without any damage to the piano. It was then easily transported back into the basement where it came from.
If you are looking to renovate your home and need storage for your furniture while the renovations are being done, get a quote with Zippy Shell today! We can provide onsite storage right at your home for easy access to your items or provide portable storage units that we can store at our climate-controlled storage facility.
Recently, a customer in the Piedmont Triad area needed storage. Zippy Shell was able to help by providing four onsite storage containers. Zippy Shell of the Piedmont Triad delivered the containers to the customer’s house and helped them load up all of their belongings. The customer was able to store everything they needed in these containers at the convenience of having them at their home.
The customer was moving to a new residence and needed their items to be moved with them. Zippy Shell transported these onsite storage containers to the customer’s new residence. Finishing touches on the construction of the new residence were being done at this time. From there, the customer was able to keep their belongings alongside their new residence until the construction was done.
If you are in need of moving and storage help, get a quote with Zippy Shell today! Zippy Shell can provide onsite storage containers for your home, or use portable storage containers in our facilities for all of your storage needs!
Recently, a customer in the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina needed storage space for their office furniture during a home renovation. Our moving and storage professionals delivered the container to their home and helped load their furniture. The furniture was disassembled, wrapped and stored in a climate controlled environment in under 2 hours. We safely stored their items at our storage location until the end of the renovation. At the customer’s convenience, we delivered the furniture back to them, good as new. Zippy Shell made it so they could renovate their office without the hassle of trying to relocate their items temporarily.
Continue reading “Store Your Stuff with Zippy Shell During a Renovation!”
Home renovations can be extremely inconvenient and time consuming. During the whole renovation a portion of your home will be completely shut off to you. Not to mention, your renovation might mean that your furniture from the rooms under construction need to be placed in other rooms in your home. This can turn your home into a clutter disaster! Luckily, Zippy Shell onsite storage solutions help ease the inconvenience!
Continue reading “Zippy Shell Containers are Perfect for Renovating your Home”
If you’re decluttering your belongings or store them away from home, Zippy Shell is here to help.
Continue reading “Spring Clean with Zippy Shell in the Main Line, Pennsylvania”
Do you want to make some changes in your home, but never seem to have the time? We know you are busy, so we compiled a list of our favorite renovations that can be done in a single weekend! Now you can make some substantial changes in your home without the hassle of a large renovation.
Continue reading “Home Renovations You Can Do in a Weekend”
Don’t just update your home for the sake of updating. It’s important to make informed decisions about which updates you should make. Not every renovation on your home will help build equity. For example, converting two smaller bedrooms into one larger bedroom will lower the value of your home. Something that you really want in your home might end up being the opposite of what someone else really wants in their home. So, if you are planning to do some renovating in 2017, what should you invest in?
Continue reading “The 10 Most Profitable Home Improvements of 2017”