Piedmont Triad is becoming an increasingly popular place to move to, and we can
see why! It is a great community, in a great location, with great employment
opportunities. Whether you are moving to Greensboro, High Point or
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, you may be wondering the best way to get
acclimated to your new city. We are certain you will grow to love this area,
but initially moving to a new city or town can be overwhelming. Zippy Shell has
tips to help you lay down roots and get to know this exciting area.
Yourself at Home
you have already found your Piedmont Triad dream home or you are in temporary
housing, you will want to make your new space feel like home as quickly as
possible. Set up your personal spaces first, like closets and bedrooms. Being
able to find your favorite comfy shirt and having a relaxing place to turn in
each night will provide comfort. Hang family photos, fill the fridge with your
favorite foods, and try to set up familiar routines in your new space.
Know Your Neighborhood
walks around your neighborhood to make yourself familiar with the area. As you
are walking, make conversation with your new neighbors. Don’t be afraid to
introduce yourself and ask for recommendations and advice for living here. Ask
your neighbors about their favorite restaurants and area attractions. If your
neighborhood has a social media group, be sure to join for valuable local and
Your New City
Make a list of all the fun and exciting things you want to do and try in your new city. It is okay and even fun to act like a tourist when you move to a new place! Don’t forget to add some natural beauty to your to-do list. On the outskirts of the three cities that form the Piedmont Triad there are mountains, lakes, trails, and rivers for you to explore. Power down your devices and soak in the energy of our beautiful region.
A central location, thriving economy, and vibrant culture and history makes the Piedmont Triad in North Carolina a great choice for career and lifestyle! Check out Zippy Shell of the Piedmont Triad today if you need assistance moving to the region or if you need temporary or long-term storage while you are there!
Long distance moves are a major life
event. The key to making sure yours goes smoothly is to make a plan and stay
organized. The long-distance moving tips below will help you remember some of
the key items you need to do ahead of time in order to have a successful move.
- The first step of your plan is deciding who is going to move your belongings. Choosing a moving company can be overwhelming. Our best advice is to get referrals, do your research to look for red flags, and then ask for in-home estimates. If you would prefer to have a little more control over your moving process, consider using Zippy Shell. Whenever you’re ready to move, we’ll drop off our Zippy Shell unit at your home. Then, you can either take up to three days to pack it yourself, or we’ll do it for you. When you’re all packed up, we’ll pick up the trailer and drive it to your new home.
- Spend extra time downsizing your belongings before you pack. You should get rid of unwanted items before any move, but especially before moving over a long distance. If you don’t use it, love it, or need it to survive, it doesn’t need to make the move with you. Decluttering can have positive effects on your mood to, as well as making packing and unpacking much easier in your new home!
- Create a change of address checklist. Changing your address requires updating your information in a lot of different places – utilities, insurance, doctors, banks, license and registration, post office, etc. And it gets even more complicated when you’re moving a long distance. Make sure to plan ahead and research what all needs to be updated in plenty of time before your move.
Did you know Zippy Shell offers 30 days of free storage for customers who are moving cross country and need to store items until they’re ready to move into their new home? Your items will be stored in one of our secure facilities until you arrive. Call Zippy Shell today at 888-947-7974 or go to our website to get a quote for helping you with your moving and storage needs!
you know which moving company will be a good fit for your situation? It can be
overwhelming when wading through all the options. To make sure you hire a
reliable mover, consider taking these steps.
- Get Referrals. Start
by asking friends, family members, and coworkers if they can recommend a moving
company. If you’re working with a real estate agent, you can ask the agent for
- Do your research. After
narrowing down the field, check online reviews to see what other customers are
saying about the company. Pay attention to comments about a moving company’s
attitude throughout the entire moving process. You can also do a background
check through the Better Business Bureau or the American Moving
and Storage Association.
- Ask for an estimate. You
will want to have a detailed estimate in writing from any moving company you
are considering. You also want to be sure you understand all the fees
associated with the estimate. Be suspicious if an estimate is unusually low or
- Look for red flags. If the
company has no physical address, scratch it off the list. Be wary of companies
that require a large deposit. Many don’t require any payment until your
belongings are delivered. Make sure the moving company you hire plans on doing
the move themselves, as opposed to contracting the job out to another mover.
If you would prefer to have a little more control over your moving process, consider Zippy Shell! Your portable storage unit will arrive in your driveway or on your street ready to be loaded. You can conveniently pack up your storage unit right from your original destination. Then you get to leave the driving to us which means leaving the stress behind. Visit www.zippyshell.com today to learn more about the services we offer.
that time of year! The time of year when many people are moving into new homes
and apartments across the United States and even abroad. According to USA Today, every year roughly 40 million
Americans move at least once. That’s a lot of folks packing, storing and
transporting their precious memories from one place to another.
learned a few things about what to expect when preparing to move or store your
stuff, and we’ve seen it all! Here are a few things you might run into, but
they don’t have to turn into a #MovingFail:
- No trucks: Even the best planned DIY moves may be derailed when there is no truck available! Summer is peak time for moving and it’s hard to reserve a moving truck for the time you need it anyway, but what if someone turns it in late? We’ve seen a well-planned move turn into a #MovingFail when a truck isn’t ready. Fortunately, with Zippy Shell, we handle all of the logistics, so your unit is there when you need it.
- No help: Picture it…you are packed. You’ve ordered the pizza. Everything is ready…except only 1 friend shows up. If you have rented a truck, then you are under the gun to get that truck loaded and on the way! If you’ve rented a Zippy Shell unit, then you can share pizza with the loyal friend and regroup because we won’t pick up the unit until you are ready.
- Uncooperative weather: People often choose summer to move because kids are out of school, vacation time is used and, usually, the weather is more cooperative. Even if you’ve been keeping an eagle eye on the extended weather forecast, you may still find yourself packing your unit or moving in rain. Keep some plastic sheeting on hand to avoid a big #MovingFail. Sheets can cover furniture and keep floor clean in staging areas. Non-slip rugs and mats can be placed in the garage or other entrances/exits, preventing slips and falls.
You can’t avoid all of the potential moving fails, but you can reduce the variables in a move by leaving as much as you can to the moving and storage professionals. Give Zippy Shell a call today at 888-947-7974 or check out our moving and storage services online and see how we can help you!
is a great city with a lot to see and do for families with kids. If you are
moving to Philadelphia, there a few ways to make it easier on the kids before,
during and after your relocation.
Involve your kids early in the process: This is especially important if you are moving
from one type of area to another. For example, if you live in a rural area or a
suburb but are moving to one of the urban Philadelphia neighborhoods, help them
understand the differences.
Show them what they can look forward to: Philadelphia is a grand city! Show
them videos of what they can expect to see and do in Philadelphia. VisitPhilly.com
has a lot of great things listed and the Mommy Poppins blog is specifically
geared to kids in Philadelphia. You can check it out here.
Make room for their loved stuff: One of the best things about using portable
storage units is that you can moving and keep your things in secure storage
until you need them! This offers you and your family time to decompress with
what you need in the new home and then have the rest of your things delivered
to you when you are ready. Your kids can have their beloved objects in the home
now and you can have other items delivered later.
Stick to a routine: ChildMind.org
suggests keeping your kids on a regular routine after you are in the new home.
You may have a big desire to push ahead with unpacking, having your storage
unit delivered, etc. but it might be better to keep the kids on an established
Moving with kids doesn’t have to be stressful and we are here to help at the Philadelphia Zippy Shell location with the flexible moving and storage solutions you need. It’s one less thing to worry about during a move.