How do you turn a new apartment, condo, or house into a home? You personalize and put your stamp on your new place! So now that the boxes are unpacked, it is time for the fun part. Use this list of little touches to personalize your new place and turn it into a home.
- Decorate your home to reflect your personality and style. Find a way to integrate the things you love in the design of your new home, and you will see how quickly the space will gain personality and warmth. You want your house to match your personality.
- The entry door is artistically referred to as “The Portal to the Soul of Your House.” Changing out the front door or painting it a bright color door is a great way to express yourself. Check out the inspiration found here to help your front door stand out from the crowd. If you update the front door with paint, don’t neglect the hardware. A new knocker and doorknob in a matching finish will complete the look.
- Consider adding vibrant accessories like flowers, planters, or door decorations to your entry point. Welcome signs, welcome mats, and porch furniture are also a great way to incorporate pops of color and make the space feel personal and welcoming.
- Put your personal photos on display. While artwork you adore certainly has its place, photographs will give your home a personal touch. Hallways and stairwells can be ideal for photo galleries making it easier to stop and get a closer look.
- Don’t hold back on using a big, expressive color for your new home if that is what appeals to you. Any color can look good as long as it truly suits your style. Of course, you can always paint an accent wall to introduce a pop of color without going all out. Choose a wall that is seen the moment you enter the space for the most impact.
- If painting is not your style, consider using a fun wallpaper for an accent wall. Wallpaper is making a comeback, and current styles are fashionable and easier to apply/remove than ever. Help a small bathroom or the laundry room feel more cozy and personal with a bold wallpaper.
- Adding different textures to your home decor is a simple trick to make your home more personal and welcoming. Surrounding yourself and guests with items like fluffy carpet, textured rugs, smooth wooden furniture, faux fur pillows, and other cozy items will make everyone feel comfortable.
- Incorporate some live greenery. Plants are a fantastic and inexpensive way to add color and life to a room. From tall leafy plants to fragrant flowers, experiment with different plants to bring life to your rooms and make them more inviting. Plants are not only a beautiful decorating tool but are proven to balance humidity and clean household air as well.
Enjoy your new home and the new adventure it brings. Zippy Shell will always be here to help you with any future moves or provide storage as you are getting set up in your new life!