Preparing your home to sell
will take some work, but the results will make a huge difference in how buyers
perceive your home. Outside of the typical maintenance such as cleaning,
de-cluttering, touch up painting, etc., we have 10 tips that can increase your
chances of a successful home sale!
- Enlist a professional: Hiring a great real estate agent is key in selling
your home faster and for a better price than doing it on your own. They know
the area, what other homes in the neighborhood are going for, and have
connections to listing sites and other sellers.
- Consider professional cleaning: Make the minimal investment and hire a professional
cleaning company. Make sure the most common areas such as the kitchen and
bathrooms are spotless. If your carpet could use a facelift, get them
- Clean up your landscape: Your yard will be one of the first things buyers will
see when they pull up to your house. You don’t have to have the neighborhood
yard of the month – just mow the lawn, trim the bushes and pour some mulch in
the flowerbeds! Help a potential buyer imagine how nice their potential new
home might look from the outside. The curb appeal uplift is worth it!
- Organize the entryway: Another opportunity to make a great first impression
is to organize and tidy up your entryway. Add a small bench, entryway rug or
small table with fresh cut flowers to jazz it up.
- Address all odors: Smell is powerful and can make or break a home sale. Buyers aren’t
impressed if they are walking into a stinky home. We suggest using
odor-eliminating soy candles and carpet fresheners. Toss some cookies in the
oven or grind a lemon in the garbage disposal.
- Remove pets during showings: Remove pets and pet odor when showing your home.
Having evidence of your pet, including their odors can kill a home sale,
especially if a potential buyer has a pet allergy.
- Remove personal items: When arranging your home to appeal to buyers, it is
important to remove personal items from the home. This may include personal
pictures, knick-knack collections, children’s artwork, etc.
- Check drains and repair leaky faucets: Clogged drains and leaky faucets won’t leave a good
impression on prospective buyers. Be sure drains are clear of clogging debris
and faucets are leak-free.
- Clean curtains:
These dust magnets can turn off prospective buyers. Make sure curtains are
clean and fresh.
- De-clutter closets: Storage is always at the top of the list when prospective buyers are
house hunting. Remove at least half of the inventory (or everything) from
closets, drawers and cabinets.
We understand your goal is to successfully sell your home. Consider these 10 tips and you should be on your way! Be sure to check out website for other useful articles about selling and moving. Zippy Shell looks forward to being a worthwhile partner in your new adventure, whether you are moving to a new home or just need storage while staging your current home. Give us a call today at 888-947-7974 or check out our website for a free quote.
What exactly is curb appeal? It is
essentially how appealing your home looks when first viewed from the street,
like a first impression. Of course, we all know first impressions can be nearly
impossible to reverse or undo. Increasing your curb appeal can add thousands of
dollars to the value of your Piedmont Triad home and cut the time it takes to
sell. Even if you don’t plan on selling anytime soon, sprucing up your property
can provide a more positive first and lasting impression!
- The simplest way to boost curb appeal is to have a well-manicured lawn. Set the foundation for great curb appeal with healthy, evenly trimmed, weed-free grass. Next put any dead, dying, or sad-looking plants and shrubbery out of their misery and out of your yard. When bringing in new greenery, mix things up with a variety of plants that will bloom at different times during the season.
- Create an inviting walkway to the door you use as your main entrance. Pavers or stone are extremely popular options for a beautiful walkway. Flank the area with colorful landscaping and incorporate illumination to finish the look.
- Speaking of illumination, entryway lighting is crucial for setting a welcoming mood and providing security. A combination of pathway, landscaping, and entryway lighting is the perfect recipe for perfect curb appeal.
- Add a splash of style to your home with bold, vibrant colors. Go big by painting your front door or front shutters with an exciting color or you can go smaller by adding vibrant accessories like flowers, planters or door decorations. Welcome signs, welcome mats and porch furniture are also a great place to incorporate pops of color.
Inspired yet? Just think of the amazing
feeling you will get each and every time you drive up and realize that
gorgeously maintained Piedmont Triad property is all yours! If you are looking
to make a move to the Piedmont Triad area or need local storage services, give
your local Zippy Shell of the Piedmont Triad a call at 336-499-3386 or visit
to learn more!
Whether you are getting ready to put your North Texas home on the market or are simply looking for ways to make it look fresh and cheery for spring, now is a great time to tackle a few outside-the-home projects.
Spruce Up the Landscaping with Color Mulch: This is an easy one. Your local big box home store or locally-owned nursery probably is already bursting with fresh annuals and greenery. Take time to update/upgrade your beds or adding a couple of well-placed planters or window boxes. North Texas is blessed with amazing year-round weather. Think about upgrading to some perennials so they come back year after year.
Update Your Mailbox: Often, the mailbox is the last thing we think about, yet it’s one of the first things someone sees! Consider installing a new mailbox or painting the old one so it looks clean and new.
Clean Up: Do you have leaves in your gutters? Visible trashcans? Toys strewn about the lawn? Dirty fencing? Sometimes simply picking up the clutter and trash around the front area can make all the difference. If you have excess toys or outdoor furniture you no longer use, consider storing that until you need it.
Repair It: Easy spruce ups also include repairing or replacing torn window screens, touching up peeling trim around front windows and doors and even replacing bulbs.
Paint It: What about that front door? A fresh new color can take a ho-hum curb appeal house to a wow house! Ask your paint experts about best colors to match your existing exterior and trim colors. Be sure to choose paints that will stand up to the North Texas heat.
You don’t have to break the bank
this spring to update the curb appeal of your home! Just a few simple changes
can make a dramatic difference.
Looking for some extra storage space to clean up the outside of your home? Zippy Shell of North Texas has onsite and portable storage solutions perfect for the job! You can learn more by visiting www.zippyshell.com today!
Winter can be tough on your home, but that’s not an excuse to let your curb appeal go. There are some quick things you can do in the Winter to keep your home looking great all season long. Here are our favorite tips and tricks to boosting your curb appeal in the Winter.
Stay up to date with the exterior of your home. Repaint your front door, as well as your shutters when necessary to give your home a fresh new look. Choose a nice color to make your home stand out in the darkness of winter.
Keep Snow Cleared
Keep your sidewalks, driveway, and front porch clear from snow to prevent any damage to the pavers underneath and accidents that could cause injury. Clearing the snow off will help keep your walkways and driveway looking their best.
Clean up Debris
Clear out all of the leaves from your gutters that have accumulated from the fall, and additionally, always make sure there is no debris in your yard, such as leaves or fallen branches. Clean gutters will stop water from overflowing the gutters and running down the side of your house spreading dirt and mud all over the exterior of your home.
Feed the birds
Install a bird feeder in your front yard; any size will do. Attracting birds to your yard will make your yard a more inviting place.
Illuminate your home with a warm glow
The winter cold can give a harsh white color to the world. Make sure the lights in your front yard are a soft yellow color to give your home a warm appearance.
Add some greenery
Although it is hard for most plants to thrive in the winter weather, adding just a little bit of life to your front yard will make your home look less lifeless. Add something like a mini pine tree that can withstand the cold.
Once your home has been purchased, have Zippy Shell help you safely move your items to your new home. Get a quote here today!