Moving to Philadelphia? There are so many fun things to do in this historic city. As the city of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania and is rooted in tons of community involvement. The city is home to the Liberty Bell and the Declaration of Independence and is famous as the birthplace of liberty and the pursuit of happiness. With five counties, there are endless things to do: parks, museums, parks, historic sites and amazing food. Welcome to Philly!
There are tons of festivals to attend during the summer months. From music to fashion and cars and more, you’re sure to find a festival that calls to your passion. Get out there an mingle!
- Manayunk Arts Festival, Saturday, June 22, 2019
- Wawa Welcome America (Philly’s multiday birthday party), June 29 – July 4, 2019
- Concacaf Gold Cup Quarterfinals, Sunday, June 30, 2019
- XPoNential Music Festival, July 18-28, 2019, July 26-29, 2019
- East Passyunk Car Show and Street Festival, Sunday, July 28, 2019
- Opening of the Franklin Square Fountain Show, Summer 2019 (TBA)
- BlackStar Film Festival, August 1-4, 2019
- Made in America Music Festival, August 31 – September 1, 2019
- Fringe Festival, September 5-21, 2019
- Kennett Square Mushroom Festival, September 7-8, 2019
- Fashion District Philadelphia Debut. Summer TBA
Philly boasts some of the most scenic parks in the area. Enjoy hiking, biking, jogging paths, gardens and more.
Steeped in more than 100 years of hanging out with professional sports teams, Philadelphia offers a host of sports-fan fun. Check out these top picks for sports fans in Philly.
No place does nightlife like Philadelphia. From hipsters to jazz, everyone has a favorite spot in this incredible city. Take some time to review this list of top picks for nighttime entertainment in Philly before you head out. Add to this list music, theaters, dance and shopping and you have the full range to create a very busy social or hobby schedule this summer. Have fun!