Whether you want to sell your home, welcome your friends and family, or if you just want to feel a sense of pride every time you drive up, updating your curb appeal throughout the year is how to accomplish your goal. Now that the season of Fall has arrived in all of its gloriousness, get your home in the seasonal spirit by bringing some fall design trends to your curb appeal!
- The simplest way to assess your curb appeal is to take pictures of your home from the sidewalk, focusing in on the front door, front walkway, and landscaping. Try to view the pictures with the fresh, critical eye of someone who has never been to your home before. Or evaluate the pictures with a friend whose opinion you value and whose style you admire.
- Having a well-manicured lawn is essential to curb appeal and that doesn’t change just because the weather is cooling down! Giving your grass some autumn TLC now will ensure you’ll be seeing a healthy green lawn come spring. Take care of visible weeds, aerate your lawn, reseed bare patches, and overseed the whole lawn with added fertilizer if necessary. Stay on top of frequent raking throughout autumn. Allowing leaves to accumulate and lay on your lawn for more than a few days can cause damage to grass blades. Keep clean lines around walkways and flower beds and trim bushes and trees to set the foundation for curb appeal you can be proud of!
- The days will get shorter and the sun will set sooner during the next few months so now is the time to update your outdoor lighting. Make a statement with a combination of wall sconces, lanterns, step, and path lights that highlight your architecture and showcase the landscaping.
- Add a fresh splash of color by planting fall flowers either in your flower beds or get creative with festive combinations in containers. Mums, pansies, black-eyed susans, sweet alyssum, dianthus, perennial sage, goldenrod, and autumn crocus are all excellent choices. These varieties will withstand the chilly nights and bring vibrant color to the shorter days of autumn.
- Highlight your front door by hanging an autumn wreath adorned with pumpkins, fall leaves, and other icons of the harvest. If you really want to turn heads, update your front door with a bright, bold colored paint. Updating the hardware with a new knocker and doorknob in a matching finish will complete the look.
- Create an inviting walkway to your updated door. Pavers or stone are extremely popular options for a beautiful walkway, and this will be an update that will last for years. Flank the area with colorful landscaping and incorporate path lights to finish the look.
- The mailbox area is often a forgotten space when considering curb appeal, but it can also use some fall flair! Dress up your mailbox by adding corn stalks, pumpkins, some floral swag, or a seasonal flag.
- Leaving behind the sweltering days of summer may mean more time in your outdoor space for you and your family. So, add some cozy fall blankets and pillows to your outdoor seating and some lanterns for a cozy touch.
Inspired yet? If you need extra storage space to work on big fall projects, Zippy Shell has onsite and portable storage solutions perfect for the job. You can learn more by visiting www.zippyshell.com today.