It is just a fact of life that music makes everything better. Music can improve your mood by reducing anxiety and providing comfort. It can also help with coping and is a great way to express your feelings. To help your move be as calm and stress-free as possible, we have compiled a list of ten songs you must add to your moving day playlist.
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham! This 80s classic will start your moving day with a burst of energy and serve as a reminder to not leave anyone or anything behind on the big day.
- “Should I Stay or Should I Go” by The Clash. You already know the answer, it is moving day after all. But just for fun add this one to the list to remind yourself if you go, there will be trouble, but if you stay it will be double.
- “I Like to Move It” by Reel 2 Real. There couldn’t be a more fitting song for moving day. Singing “I like to move it, move it” all day as you are literally moving box after box from one location to another will never get old, well probably never get old.
- “Bust a Move” by Young MC. If you do get tired of moving your boxes to “move it, move it”, you can always bust a move while pretending that Young MC is actually talking about moving all those boxes.
- “Moving Out” by Billy Joel. Because that is exactly what you are doing today and because Billy Joel is an icon.
- “Hit the Road Jack” by Ray Charles. When you are all packed up and ready to hit the open highway, play this song and play it loud. Leave all your worries behind and look forward to your bright future.
- “Life Is a Highway” by Rascall Flatts. Unless you are just moving down the street, chances are you will be riding the highway during your move. You might not want to drive it all night long as the song suggests, but sometimes it is necessary on moving day.
- “Takin’ Care Of Business” by Bachman–Turner Overdrive. This song will motivate you to take care of business once you arrive at your new home and begin the unloading/unpacking process. And yes, you probably will be working overtime.
- “Home” by Phillip Phillips. You are ready to make this place your home! Turning your new place into a home that will feel welcoming to both your family and visitors can be both exciting and overwhelming, but take time to enjoy the process and the new adventure it brings.
The team at Zippy Shell knows all too well how stressful moving across the street, across town, or across the country can be for anyone. Portable storage units allow you to pack at your own pace, letting go of the feeling of being rushed. We also offer flexibility as delivery dates and storage dates can all easily be rescheduled when you use a portable storage unit. We think our portable storage and moving containers offer tons of flexibility with a predictable cost that will make your move much easier.