The decision is made, you are making a move. Congratulations! And now it is time to hit the ground running. Whether you have the luxury of extra time or not, beginning the move process as soon as possible will help everything go much smoother. Planning is key in a move and there are plenty of resources that can assist with the process. We have compiled a list of the best, most useful apps for moving. Take a look and get ready to download!
- When searching for a new home, you can get property information in a snap – literally – by taking a picture with the Homesnap app. You can unlock sales history, interior features, lot boundaries, market information, school district ratings, and more.
- Zillow is another popular app used for finding a new home. It boasts photo-heavy listings as well as a multitude of filters that you can apply to your searches.
- If you have found a promising home, but you are not sure if the neighborhood will fit your needs, the AroundMe app can be a very helpful resource. You can find out within seconds information about the surrounding area, like how long it will take to get to a grocery store and restaurants.
- The one thing that can keep a move from being overly stressful is being organized. Try the Todoist app to capture and organize all your moving tasks. You can set reminders, prioritize your tasks, and even assign tasks to others.
- Speaking of assigning tasks to others, if you are on a tight timeline you might find it helpful to outsource some of the items on your list using the TaskRabbit app. It can match you with freelance labor for moving projects of all shapes and sizes like packing, hauling away items to the landfill, completing home maintenance tasks in preparation for listing your home, and more.
- Whenever possible, you will want to base the decision of what furniture to keep and move on the layout and size of your new home. You don’t pack or move anything that doesn’t have a dedicated space in your new home as that will just add to your workload and moving expenses. You can use the MagicPlan app to create a 3D floor plan of your new home by taking pictures of the space.
- The Sortly app is a lifesaver during the packing and unpacking phases of your move. It is a digital organization app that lets you catalog what you put in each box, so you know where all of your things are at all times. With the premium version, you can even create QR code labels to put on your boxes.
- Once you are settled into your new place, use the Nextdoor app to stay informed about what is going on in your new neighborhood. You can do anything from finding out about local events to finding somebody to help you take care of your yard. Using Nextdoor will keep you in the loop and make the transition to your new neighborhood much easier.
Make your move simpler by using portable storage units from Zippy Shell. You load your belongings at your convenience, and we will simply move them for you or we can safely store your belongings as long as you need. When the time is right, we will deliver everything to your new home. Contact Zippy Shell today to get a quote.