Summer has gone by quick, and school is quickly approaching now. Soak up the sun and enjoy the pool for a few more days before it is time to do schoolwork! Before sending your children off to school, remember to do some back-to-school shopping. Follow these tips for a smooth back-to-school shopping experience.
- Keep your eye out for deals! Many stores will have deals and special sales on back-to-school gear. Whether it is backpacks, notebooks, pencils, or paper, always try to take advantage of the end of summer deals!
- Look for coupons. Look for coupons in magazines, newspapers, websites, and more! Coupons can help you save big and can save time deciding on which materials to buy.
- Make a list. Don’t go into the store blind. Try and make a list of the supplies you need to purchase before you leave for the store. This will make your shopping more efficient and less stressful.
- Try to hold off on shopping for clothes. Everyone child wants to have the coolest outfit on the first day of school. However, studies have shown that the end of the summer isn’t the best time to shop for clothes. Prices will generally be higher and the clothing isles will be more crowded. Try shopping for clothes a few weeks after school starts!
- Start shopping when the stores first open! Arriving at the store when the doors have just opened is often the best way to breeze through back-to-school shopping. You won’t have to wait in lines and you can find supplies more easily. Easier said than done but try to be an “early bird” for the day!
- Next summer, start back-to-school shopping earlier in the summer! It is often hard to think about, but consider doing some back-to-school shopping in order to avoid the large crowds. If you have a free day in the summer, use it to get some shopping out of the way!