The time is here, it’s officially winter! Every year, around this time, we all start dreaming of warmer weather. Nobody wants to be stuck inside all day, but it is difficult to get yourself out for fresh air and exercise when it is freezing outside. We have created a list of some fun activities to get yourself out and about even when the weather is a bit chilly. These Top Wintertime Activities are the perfect way to beat the cold this winter!
- Go Ice Skating Ice skating is both fun and entertaining. You can go with friends, family, or honestly whoever wants to join! It’s a great way to be active while also having a few laughs along the way.
- Build a Winter Bonfire and Make S’mores Who doesn’t love s’mores? This is a fun cold weather past-time as you sit by the fire and enjoy others company while enjoying delicious food.
- Go Sledding Enjoy a fun day of sledding and embrace the snow/cold weather. It’s not as intimidating or miserable when you’re running around and sliding everywhere. Plus, this is something fun to do with friends and family. Everyone can enjoy!
- Go on a Winter Picnic. Take blankets, sandwiches, and hot soup in a thermos. This is a fun and original date idea. You can go with friends, family or with a significant other.
- Go Winter Camping If you have the equipment, go camping! If that is too ambitious, check out your state parks for cabin or yurt rentals. Once you’re there, enjoy the beautiful scenery and go on some winter hikes, while afterwards enjoying a cozy fire. There is a sense of magic during wintertime, going camping gives you an opportunity to escape your daily life for a bit and enjoy the beauty of winter snow!
- Take a Blanket and a Cup of Hot Cocoa and Sit Outside on Your Front Porch This is pretty self-explanatory. Simply enjoy the briskness in the air with friends, family, by yourself, etc. It is so important to stop and take a moment to appreciate the beauty of the world. And why not do that with a comfy blanket and a big cup of hot cocoa.
- Go Explore! If you live near a big city, set off on foot to explore it – Make sure to bundle! You might want to check out some of the group buying daily deals sites like Groupon and Living Social to find new things to do in the area for cheap too!
- Build a Snowman Building snowmen can be such a fun and nostalgic activity. Kids love it and its even fun for adults too! It brings a little magic to the cold weather and will get you outside and working together.
All in all, wintertime can be a fun and beautiful time of the year! We should all try to appreciate each season that comes, all we need to do is embrace the colder times. Even if you’re not a huge wintertime fan, hopefully these activity ideas will get you excited to try something new!
Image via: unsplash.com